Walz instruments are known for their reliability and durability. Intensive long-term use, however, can result in the need of service or repair. In these instances, we maintain an inventory of system components to allow for quick turnaround times on all system repairs. When planning to send your equipment to us, please proceed as described below:
• Contact Walz before returning your instrument. Some problems can be solved by phone or via e-mail.
E-mail: Contact Form
• Download and complete the repair form and include it with the instruments being returned to Walz.
Service/Repair Form (PDF-File 120 kB)
• Read and follow instructions in Service/Repair form.
• Complete Service/Repair repair form and include it with the instruments being returned to Walz.
Download warranty (PDF-File 22 kB)
All products supplied by the Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany, are warranted by Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany to be free from defects in material and workmanship for two (2) years from the shipping date (date on invoice).
This warranty applies if the defects are called to the attention of Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany, in writing within two (2) years of the shipping date of the product.
This warranty shall not apply to
• any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the use of unauthorized replacement parts and/or service performed by unauthorized personnel.
• any product supplied by the Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany which has been subjected to misuse, abuse, abnormal use, negligence, alteration or accident.
• to damage caused from improper packaging during shipment or any natural acts of God.
• to batteries, cables, calibrations, fiberoptics, fuses, gas filters, lamps, thermocouples, and underwater cables. Submersible parts of the DIVING-PAM or the underwater version of the MONITORING-PAM have been tested to be watertight down to the maximum operating depth indicated in the respective manual/specifications. Warranty shall not apply for diving depths exceeding the maximum operating depth. Further, warranty shall not apply for damage resulting from improper operation of devices, in particular, the failure to properly seal ports or sockets.
• The Warranty Registration form must be completed and returned to Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany. Accompany shipment by our Service/Repair form (see left column: “1. Repair Service”).
• The product must be returned to Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany, within 30 days after Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany has received written notice of the defect.
• All products being returned for warranty service must be carefully packed. The Heinz Walz GmbH, Germany is not responsible or liable, for missing components or damage to the unit caused by handling during shipping. All claims or damage should be directed to the shipping carrier.
• Postage, insurance, and/or shipping costs incurred in returning equipment for warranty service are at customer expense.
• Duty and taxes are covered by Walz.